Talking to Batman
journal entry for: Monday, August 04, 2008
today's crossovers:

Things keep getting worse in my life. I have received word or things that the rebels are doing. I need to talk to someone. Normally I would go to my Dad but he hasn't been approachable.

I needed someone with a sense of morale.


Cass suggested Batman. So here I was sitting at the top of a gotham building waiting for Bats.

"Justice isn't it?" He appeared and I wondered if I really should be talking to him. After all this arrogant bastard thinks he can hurt Galen by defeating his tech.

I nodded, "I need some advice from someone ... Someone with a sense of what is Just and what is not. "

He fold his arms and I began, "I have been forced into this destiny," I say sarcastically and bitterly, "I never wanted it but like it or not. It is my responsibility to fight the Corru and free the worlds. I wanted them to be unified and just, so I tried to build something like The Federation. They are calling the free worlds Justavia, despite my request for them not to do that. Not all but some of the Generals in this war have become....."

I let my words trail off as I deepened my thoughts...

"corrupt?" He interrupted me.


I shook my head negatively, "more like cruel. We are at war Granted. Even I chose to take no prisoners among the Corru during the battle of Hectis, but these were soldiers not civilians."

I shifted as I shrugged, "I made it clear that they were not to harm civilians, innocent by standers or anyone that was ..."

I folded my arms and faced him, "I have gotten word that some of the Generals have been torturing women that had been forced to .... entertain Corru soldiers. They called them traders. There is no evidence to support such a thing, the one woman I honestly believe had fallen in love with a Corru solider who was being kind to her and keeping her from being harmed by the others. The soldier was killed by other soldiers for speaking out against what they were doing. It has been said that he actually had helped some of the slaves. The woman manage to get to territory that had been freed from Corru's ... Two of my Generals had her put to death with other women. She was with child. They also set up camps for some soldiers."

I clenched my fist, "I am suppose to be a leader... They try to say to me that it is justifiable because we are at war, but on some of the things I have heard them doing and I have only told you the milder of these accounts, I can't help but wonder if it isn't as bad as the Corru. I know the Corru is evil, they have committed large numbers of genocide but..."

I went silent again and Batman came to me put his hand on my shoulder and gestured for me to sit...

As he spoke I wonder if he knew why I came to him and not my own father. If it was Cass who advised me and because I had came to respect Cass.

No sooner did we have our talk I got a visit. I thought it was Dad but soon came to realize it was his Evil doppleganger, "SO the Slut is a weak pathetic fool after all."

I wasn't sure how far Batman had gotten, he had just left but I had this feeling he was still there.

I said nothing to the man before me but he had plenty to tell me, "You want some advice, Kill them all and then kill yourself. Better yet just wait a little and father will kill you. Now we are beginning to see why, because you can't do what needs to be done. A squeamish little nobody. Oh by the way, You and your brother have been disowned and your mother divorced."


He left laughing... Galen about got a blade in him when he stepped from the shadows...

"You trying to get yourself killed. Don't do that!" I yelled.

He looked the dot that was formerly the man taunting me moments ago, "Let's get you home."

When I arrived I found HS, he was upset and then my mother came home. I saw in her eyes, it was true... "So it is true."

She looked at us, "I take it you got a visit?"

"I did!" HS bit down.

I stepped forward, "What can be done?"

Mom shook her head, "Nothing. I have been summoned to Drakulon. They have been informed and wish to discuss the fact I am no longer married."

"I am going to go talk to Dad!" HS shouted


Mom growl, "NO! Leave him alone. We are not burdens. He doesn't want us in his life anymore. It is his choice."

I stood staring at the hurt in her eyes, You could litterally see her heart breaking. I broke the silence, "I can't live here... I .. c-can't stay here. There is problems with the rebels and after speaking to Batman ... and now this... I am leaving. "
Galen kept a supportive hand on my shoulder as I continued, "I thought we were over this. When I healed from being shattered... " I walked away

Mom looked as if she was fighting back tears, "I understand. We...... I knew you would have to go sooner or later."

HS went to his room to pack and I nodded to Galen. After a long goodbye I found myself looking out the window of his ship as we headed to the Free Worlds...

Kameal was arguing with a general when she entered and saw me...

She smiled, "You heard?"

I gritted my teeth, "I heard and I am back permanently, Kameal, I want to see these generals and then I will address you and the rest. There is going to be some changes!"

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




1 Comments from my friends:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It all seems a complex set-up arrangement!


post a comment
or go back to....

<< My Journal



all spammers post your slog here thanks you
footer